Microsoft Teams is not just a communication tool! It is a PLATFORM.
Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams provide strong enterprise security for the financial services industry including capabilities to help protect sensitive information and prevent information exchanges that could lead to organizational conflicts of interest. What one can get out Microsoft Teams as information protection capabilities?
- Private channels for private and sensitive content
- Business information barriers (‘ethical walls’) to help mitigate conflicts of interest
- Archival of communications and content in immutable form
- Auditing and reporting of activities, communications and business events
- Retention and preservation policies to retain information for industry-mandated time periods
- Legal hold and eDiscovery to support holds of information for litigation and other matters
- Data loss prevention (DLP) to help prevent unauthorized data exfiltration
- Compliance with global standards (e.g. GDPR) and financial services regulations (e.g. SEC17(a)-4)
Great productivity tools help everyone in an organization be more productive, communicate more effectively, and get more done. Microsoft Office 365 suite makes performing essential tasks like finding information, sharing knowledge, communicating with colleagues, processing data, and planning and organization faster and more straightforward, reducing time spent on administrative tasks and leaving businesses more time to create, innovate, and move the business forward.
Using a cloud-hosted productivity suite, like MS Infra Services, can also have a positive effect on a company’s bottom line. Not only are subscription-based services typically more cost-effective, and more flexible if business circumstances change, Office 365 does not require any hardware investments. All infrastructure is handled at Microsoft’s end, reducing the need for IT expertise manage the suite in-house and potentially reducing spend on internal IT & Managed Services.
Many new apps added recently have made Office 365 and Teams combine more powerful with lot of choices for improving productivity.
- Microsoft Connections
- Microsoft Listings
- Microsoft Invoicing
- Outlook Customer Manager
- Microsoft Bookings
- Business Center
While Microsoft Teams is a robust solution for communications and collaboration, it is also the platform for other productivity applications. Conceive, design and build custom banking or insurance applications and include them inside a Teams channel. In addition, financial institutions can embed applications like a CRM system, core banking system, claims management system or market feed.
How Microsoft Teams can be made more productive?
• Tabs allow line-of-business applications to be embedded directly into a Teams channel
• Bots can be injected directly into Teams channels
• Message extensions and cards empower users to explore details or take actions
• Task modules allow users to create a richer experience for users
• Notifications can be leveraged to get a users attention or request action