NETS Installation teams
How our team will deliver installation services?
Installation Services simplified.
3.2 million more to get Ultrafast Full Fibre broadband in UK as per recent reports. This is required to provide Ultra-reliable, gigabit ready Full Fibre broadband for another 3.2 million homes and businesses in the hardest to reach rural and urban parts of the UK by the mid 2020’s.
That’s why NETS team has created a special task group to support Fibre to Home Installation services.
Fibre Optic Splicing / Cable Laying / PIA in Openreach Ducts
b. Engineers will lay fibre cable or blow fibre in the ducts
c. Securing site and physical infrastructure access (PIA) enables engineers to deploy our customer networks using Openreach’s duct and pole network. With the duct and pole access product, Openreach grants a licence for providers to install fibre in their ducted or overhead network.
d. We use direct in-house, subcontractor individuals and local civil company for our projects
e. Nets project management department ensures standards of the project are defined and maintained in-line with industry regulations.
f. Project management services is provided to manage your project
g. We proactively work together with our customers to understand their technical, pricing model, and contractual requirements.
h. Our engineers must complete their on-site works in a prescribed sequence, capturing risks, photographs and test results.
i. Method statements and risk management documents are provided.
All data and Fibre / UTP Cabling in the MDU / Buildings
- We work collaboratively with fibre network suppliers to provide residents with high-speed broadband.
- We install the internal cabling and place a cabinet in a discreet location within the building.
- Cabling will be installed to the individual apartments using the existing building infrastructure.
- Cables will be left ready for customer installation, coiled in the ceiling void outside each apartment or where possible, terminated within a central communications room.
- Our engineers will install operators’ socket and router in the customers’ apartment, usually close to existing TV or telephone termination points and close to a power socket. They will drill a small hole, usually into the ceiling void, to run the cable inside the property.
Fibre to the Home Installation Service
a. Engineer will fit The Customer Splice Point (CSP) box to the external side of the property.
b. Engineer will drill a hole from internal to external wall of the property, at the Customer Splice Point (CSP) box location.
c. Engineer will install internal fibre optic cable within the property as per operator’s guidelines.
d. Our engineers will install operator’s socket and commission router /media converter at the agreed location.
e. Engineer will test the fibre optic cable link to the external fibre node (within the duct chamber).
f. At the end of the job, our engineer will notify you of any changes to completion and handover dates at the earliest opportunity.
FTTH (GPON) Network Design & Planning Services
Civil Design & Planning (Remote Planning)
- On-site survey
- Local Main Duct Design
- Local Distribution Duct Design
- Bill of Material
- As-Built Preparation
Cable Network Design & Planning (Remote Planning)
- Main Cable (Feeder Network) Design
- Distribution & Drop Cable Design
- Fibre Allocation Sheet/Plan
- Jointing & Splicing Plan
- Bill of Material
- Power Budget
- SLD/CPD (Schematic)
- As-Built Preparation
How we ensure work safety?
- Our engineers are trained, qualified and accredited fibre splicers and cable engineers
- Engineers have BT PIA Accreditations (Underground and Overhead)
- Engineers and Operatives have attended NRSWA unit trainings and have EUSR / CSCS Cards
- They will be working under the supervision of an onsite Lead Engineer and will be fully briefed prior to starting any work.
- Engineers are equipped with state-of-the-art fibre optic testing and splicing equipment.
- Engineers are trained across the following:
General Site Safety, PPE Regulations, Manual Handling, Confined Space and Working at height competence
- Safety training for :
1. Working roadside, both on public and private land to deliver Fibre to the Home / Premises.
2. Before installation begins an assessment of the work involved, the surrounding area will be carried out, to ensure it is safe to proceed.
3. The protection and safety of the public and our employees is paramount to us and it is the responsibility of all site engineers to adhere to the safety rules.
4. Where necessary, working areas will be cordoned off with signage and guarding.